5 Signs it’s Time for A Garage Door Service
Most people use their garage door every day, but very few actually take the time to examine or inspect its performance or condition. Since this is the largest moving component of your home’s façade, it deserves a bit more attention than that.
It’s a good idea to perform monthly inspections to help you figure out if there are any issues with the door, and ensure that it is operating safely. After all, if there are problems and they go on undetected, it can result in damage to your vehicle or injuries to you or your family.
he good news is, there are a few signs that will let you know if it is time to call for garage door repairs. Some of these signs can be found here.
- The Door Won’t Open or Close — This is one of the most obvious indications that your garage door needs to be inspected and repaired — soon. There are several reasons this may be happening, including misaligned sensors, faulty wiring and more. However, before you call a professional for repairs, make sure to double check nothing is blocking the sensors or door. Sometimes if there is an item in the way of the sensors, then your door won’t open. If the door is free from any obstructions and it still won’t open then make sure to call professionals for assistance in repairing it.
- Excessive Shakiness or Vibrations — All garage doors are going to have some additional movement, regardless of its actual condition. What you need to look out for is when this becomes excessive. If you start to notice a large amount of shaking or shuddering, it’s an indication of issues that may get worse over time. It could be due to a loose screw, loose hinges, the rollers coming off of the tracks or other similar issues.
- Slower Response Times — You should take note of how long it takes for your door to respond to commands given. Usually, a garage door should start opening and closing within a second or two after the opener is pressed. Once the door does begin to move, it should open and close smoothly without any delay or hitching. If you notice any type of delay in the operation, then it may be an indication that there is something wrong with the door or with the opener.
4. Strange Sounds — Regardless of the garage doors condition, it is going to make some type of noise when opening and closing. However, do you know when this noise becomes excessive and is a sign that repairs are needed? There are several reasons that these noises may occur. Rusty railings or hinges, faulty opening mechanisms, and uneven tension are all common issues. If you notice your garage door has started to screech, then it is definitely time to call for repairs.
5. Sagging Sections of the Garage Door — Over time, a garage door may begin to sag if they aren’t maintained properly. When the door is closed, there may be large gaps beneath the ends of the door. It’s a good idea to check the balance of the door by opening to about halfway and seeing if it stays in place. If it moves, then you know the door isn’t balanced. When it comes to your garage door, there are several indications that it is time to call a professional for repairs. Don’t ignore these signs, as they are only going to get worse as time passes. Calling a professional for help at the first sign of trouble will help ensure the issue is fixed in a timely manner and further damage and injuries are avoided.
Article Source: 5 Signs it’s Time for A Garage Door Service